Monday 28 November 2016

Kegging for Christmas

Festive Pale Ale - brewed 18/11/2016

I haven't kegged any homebrew for over a year but I felt it was about time to fill a pressure barrel in time for Christmas. I feel it's almost imperative to have a supply of beer on tap, it always makes me think of medieval or Tudor times when households always had barrels of beer available, apparently as beer was safer to drink than the local water supply. I don't know if that's actually true but it would definitely taste better than water. I'm pretty sure my water supply is safe to drink but just to be on the safe side I kegged the pale ale I brewed on November 18th (recipe here). Before kegging I took a final gravity reading of 1.010 giving an ABV of about 3.9%, a perfect session strength! I fermented this beer for 10 days, dry hopped with 20g of citra for the final three days and I have to say I am very pleased with the initial results. 

It's definitely pale, and pretty clear too!

No comments:

Post a Comment